Here are some of the things you have to consider before you open your own tattoo studio:
1. What are the state and local requirements? Depending on the state in which you are planning to operate, you may have to seek a license from the Department of Cosmetology or the Department of Health. Familiarize yourself with all the necessary requirements so you won't run into legal problems later that could sink your business.
2. Find a good location for your business. The site should be in a place that has a lot of pedestrian traffic in order to attract walk-in business. At the same time, unless you have a lot of start-up capital saved up, it should not be in an area that charges high rents.
3. Buy all the equipment that you will need. This includes not only your tattooing equipment but also furnishings such as tables and comfortable chairs for your clients. You might also want to consider investing in a thermal fax so you can make thermal stencils that would make it more convenient to outline basic tattoo designs on your clients' skin. You can save money by getting used (but still in good condition) equipment then upgrade to new ones as your business takes off.
4. Have your portfolio ready to give your clients a wide range of choices for tattoo designs. Your portfolio should highlight your versatility, in order to show your client that you can handle whatever design they want, or even design one especially for them.
5. Make arrangements with credit card companies so you can accept credit card payments rather than having to operate on a cash only basis.
6. Even if you're only a single person proprietorship, run your business in a professional manner. Make a business plan so that you'll have an idea of how your business should be run, and use software to track costs, income as well as accounts payable and receivables and your supply inventory. Your shop should also be neat and well-maintained to give your clients a good impression of you and your business. And of course, you should always maintain good hygiene by keeping your equipment sanitized in order to maintain your health and that of your clients.
Do you want to learn on tattooing? Be sure to visit: http://www.how-to-tattoo.com
Established in 2001, Guangzhou Bolin Cosmetic Co., Ltd is a professional manufacturer and exporter that is concerned with the design, development and production of tattoo products, we are located in Guangzhou, with convenient transportation access.